Ahmedabad is a city that has many attractions to offer to its visitors. As the sixth largest city in India, it is home to many historical places, temples and natural wonders.
Apart from this, there are many other interesting things about this city. For starters, it is often referred to as the ‘Black Gold’ city due to its oil refinery industries.
In addition, it is one of the most prosperous cities in India. If you intend to visit Ahmedabad soon for business or leisure purposes; This article will be helpful for you.
Here we will discuss some of the best places to visit in Ahmedabad that will not only leave you stunned but will also give you an insight into the history and culture of this place:
Best Places in Ahmedabad to hang out with friends
If you’re looking for the best places to hang out with friends in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, you’ve come to the right place! From street food to rooftop bars, there’s something for everyone in this vibrant city. Here are our top picks for the best places to eat, drink, and socialize in Ahmedabad.
- Manek Chowk: This open-air market is a great place to people-watch and sample some of the best street food in Ahmedabad. Be sure to try the popular snacks like dhokla and fafda!
- Sabarmati Ashram: This historical site was once the home of Mahatma Gandhi. Today, it’s a popular spot for visitors to learn about Gandhi’s life and teachings. It’s also a great place to take a stroll along the Sabarmati River.
- Kite Museum: Ahmedabad is known as the “City of Kites” because of its annual kite festival. The Kite Museum is a must-visit for anyone interested in learning about this unique cultural tradition.
- Sarkhej Roza: This beautiful mosque and tomb complex is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Ahmedabad
Night hangout Places in Ahmedabad
- Café Des Arts: A charming little café with a perfect ambience for nighttime conversations, Café Des Arts is one of the most happening nightspots in Ahmedabad. They have some great food and drink options to keep you going through the night.
- The Big Bang Bar: If you’re looking for a place to let your hair down and have some fun, The Big Bang Bar is the place for you. With a vibrant atmosphere and great music, this is one of the best places to party in Ahmedabad.
- The Perch: The Perch is a cosy little bar located on the rooftop of a building in Ahmedabad. It offers stunning views of the city skyline and is the perfect place to relax with a drink in hand and good company.
- House of MG: One of the most popular tourist attractions in Ahmedabad, the House of MG is a heritage hotel that has been converted into a museum cum hotel. But that doesn’t mean it doesn’t know how to party! The hotel has a nightclub called ‘The Last Word’ which is one of the hottest nightspots in the city.
- Indigo Live Music
Best Places in Ahmedabad to hang out with family
There are many great places to take your family in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. Here are just a few of our favourites:
- The Sabarmati Ashram is a great place to learn about Mahatma Gandhi and the Indian independence movement.
- The Calico Museum of Textiles is a must-see for any textile lover.
- The Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel National Memorial is a beautiful tribute to one of India’s most important leaders.
- For a taste of traditional Gujarati culture, be sure to visit the Dada Harir Vav.
- Kids will love the Nataraj Water Park, where they can cool off in the heat of the day.
Places to Visit in Ahmedabad for 1 day
There are plenty of places to visit in Ahmedabad for a day trip. The city is home to many historical and cultural sites, as well as plenty of green space to enjoy.
Some of the top places to visit in Ahmedabad include the Sabarmati Ashram, the Jama Masjid, and the Sidi Saiyyed Mosque. For those interested in history, the Calico Museum of Textiles is a must-see. Nature lovers will enjoy visiting the Nal Sarovar Bird Sanctuary or taking a stroll through Gandhi Smriti.
Of course, no trip to Ahmedabad would be complete without sampling some of the local cuisines. Gujarat is known for its delicious vegetarian food, so be sure to try some traditional dishes like dhokla or khandvi while you’re in town.